Thursday 16 June 2011

Sometimes I am embarrassed...

I don't watch hockey much. 
At all. Ever.


But I was sorta listening in on the playoffs since a Canadian team was in the finals.


In my heart I cheered for them a little since I heard it had been many years since they had a big win.


After I read last night that the Canucks lost, I thought to myself...too bad, better luck next year.


But when I watched the news this morning I was absolutely appalled by what I saw.


Some of my fellow Canadians were taking their rage of the loss to the streets and causing riots, fires and looting.


WHAT A HUGE EMBARRASSMENT!! 


So they lost....GET OVER IT!!!


Don't think that you have to prove a point by turning into a bunch of goons and destroying your own home over it!  


I really think that most individuals are rational, but you put people in a group and suddenly they turn into a bunch of lunatics.


I even saw one guy on the news who was prepared to be an idiot and had some flammable liquid in an eye dropper that he used to light a police car on fire. 


OVER A HOCKEY GAME. 


I could go on and on about the stupidity of people in a group but I will stop here.


I will however apologize and assure everyone that not all Canadians act like this. 


We are mostly a good friendly lot who would love just to sit and enjoy Tim Horton's coffee.






Cheers, Eh!


No comments:

Post a Comment