Sunday 19 June 2011

Dad

So today is Fathers Day and we celebrate dad.


Most gifts you buy from stores associate dad with:
Golf
Bowling
BBQ 
Hunting
Drinking Beer


My own father is none of the above.
He is a quiet farmer who is old fashioned in the sense  that he deems it inappropriate to use cuss words in front of women. 


Sadly I never really got to spend much time in my life with my dad. 
My parents divorced when I was 2 and I lived with my mom most of the time. 


I think about what it would be like if I grew up in a family with two parents together who love each other very much.


It seems odd to me.


Something strange that I have never known.


But the silver lining is that my husband and I are very much in love and and we celebrated his first fathers day today.


To my wonderful husband, and amazing father:
I love you very much thank you for your involvement and dedication to our son and our amazing marriage!





No comments:

Post a Comment