Thursday 9 June 2011

Don't pi$$ me off or I'll send in the cops!!

So being a stay at home momma has made funds a little tight around the household. 


Naturally I look around for things to sell. 


Dresses that I never plan on wearing. Perfect.


Some even with tags on. Even more perfect.


I put three dresses up for sale on a website hoping some young gal might need a dress for a soiree of sorts.


After much waiting I got a bite. 


A kind young lady (high school age) wanted one of the dresses but she was worried it might not fit. Being four hours away I thought the best answer would be to send it to her in the mail. 


I am trusting. I try to see the best in people. After much emailing back and forth she seemed very trustworthy.


I sent the dress. She got it in the mail and LOVED it, perfect fit she even said.


I asked her to send me the $ and I gave her a variety of options to do so.


She wanted my bank account number to do a direct deposit.


RED FLAGS!!!


I told her no-can-do, I don't give out that info and then again gave her another list of options.


That would be the last I heard from her.


I emailed every other day, I said kind nice words.


Nothing


Nadda


What could I do??  She lived four hours away


Lucky for me she lived in a small town. Within a few hours I had her phone number, mom's name and place of work. 


I had no luck contacting her by phone. Maybe she was on to me??


So I called the boys in blue. 
Thats right.


The cops. It is a small town and the nice young man I spoke to over the phone was more than welcome to track her down for me. 


I only wished I could have seen the look on her face when she answered the door to a police officer looking for my $.


Needless to say he got me my cash. 


Yes I learned a valuable lesson, Don't trust anyone no matter how nice they might seem online, get $ first!


Fool me once...I call the Police   HAHAHA




You don't mess with this type of crazy


No comments:

Post a Comment