Thursday 23 June 2011

Never read baby books




Ok so I use the term "never" quite loosely.

Baby books are full of great information especially for us first timers.

I really like "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears
that book has everything!

The only downside is that I track Gooberfish's development with the "monthly development scale"  and even though I tell myself not to worry.

I end up worrying.

He is almost seven months old and has no sign or interest in sitting.

This is supposed to be a big step for a six month old.

I will put him in a sitting position and he will either:

A) be ok for a very short time (1-2 min) before fussing

B) cry the instant he is put in that position

C) shimmy his body down so he is laying on his back

I know he won't be like this forever, he has to sit sometime.

But those books for whatever reason make me worry ALL THE TIME.

Take a deep breath.

Let it out.

He WILL learn to sit.

sitting long enough for me to snap a photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment